Stefan’s Secrets To Bright, Beautiful Blonde Hair
You know the old saying ‘Blondes have more fun’? Well, that’s only the case when they’re not battling with dullness, regrowth, or nasty purple residue from toners. Fortunately, you’ll find many blonde specialists in Brisbane at Stefan salons who will give you all the tips, tricks, and secrets to maintaining stunning, bright blonde hair. Read on for some of our favourite pieces of advice, but if you’re still left scratching your pretty blonde head by the end, why not book a free consultation with a blonde hairdresser on the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, or Brisbane?
5 Products Blondes Simply Can’t Live Without
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to own hundreds of different products to keep your blonde hair looking as bright as bright can be. There are a handful of products that any Stefan blonde hair specialist on the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, and Brisbane will swear by.
- Ultra Blonde Toning Treatment. This product is a must-have for anyone looking to combat brassiness in their hair. Our Stefan toning treatment hydrates and revitalises at the same time, leaving you with a cleaner, brighter blonde. Oh, and this toner won’t leave purple residue in your lovely blonde hair either!
- Blonde Hair Repair Kit. With a shampoo, conditioner, and hair masque, this kit truly has almost everything a blonde needs to say goodbye to dull tones.
- Opalex Hair Perfector No 3. If you’re looking to restore strength, structure, shine, and softness into your hair, you can’t go past Olaplex Hair Perfector No3.
- Serioxyl Volumising Coloured Spray - Blonde. Whether your hair is thinning in some places or you’d just like to enhance your hair’s overall volume, this spray is ideal. Made specifically for blondes, it’s just the boost you’ve been looking for.
- Silk Pillowcase. Now, this one isn’t just for blondes. Every hair type could benefit from a silk pillowcase. They reduce frizz, prevent tangles, maintain hydration, and enhance shine.
Our Tips And Tricks To Keeping Blonde Hair Stunning Between Salon Visits
Blonde hair has a bit of a reputation for being high-maintenance, but there are a few tips and tricks to keeping your hair bright and beautiful between salon visits!
- Use products made for blonde hair. There are so many shampoos, conditioners, treatments, masques, and sprays available, but not all of them are blonde hair-friendly. If you’re unsure which products to use (even after reading our list above), have a chat with a Stefan blonde hairdresser in Brisbane.
- Keep your hair hydrated. Unfortunately, a lot of products for blondes dry out the hair, making it brittle and delicate. It’s essential to keep your hair hydrated to maintain a glossy, full appearance. At Stefan, we understand the challenges of looking after blonde hair, which is why our products for blondes all focus on providing hydrating, enriching treatment.
- Avoid the heat! That awful brassy colour you might get in your hair is caused by sun damage and heat. While you can’t avoid the sun forever, you can help protect your hair with the Stefan Classics range. These products contain UV ray protectants, which help defend your hair against damage. When it comes to heat styling with dryers, straightening irons, and curling irons, make sure you use a great heat protector. Why not try Stefan’s heat protection spray?
Thinking About Going Blonde? How To Pick The Right Shade For You
Before you commit to a full head of foils in Brisbane, take the time to consider which shade is the right one for you. Our Stefan specialists have a few tips for picking the perfect shade.
- Look at your skin tone. The first thing you’ll need to do is figure out whether you’re a cool or warm skin tone. Look at your wrist and find the veins. If your veins are primarily blue, you have cool tones, and if they’re green, you’re warm. Another test to try is the jewellery test. Do you look better in silver or gold jewellery? If gold, you have warm tones and if silver, you’re cool! The general rule of thumb is cooler skin tones suit ashy, beige, baby blonde colours, and warm tones suit buttery, golden, or caramel tones. If you believe you’re a mix of warm and cool, then you’re lucky! Most blonde shades will look incredible on you.
- Consider your eye colour. Your eye colour will contrast with your hair. Lighter shades of eye colour, like blue or grey, will complement soft, pale blonde. On the other hand, darker eye colours like green or brown are better suited to a richer blonde.
- What time of year is it? While it might not matter to everyone, some prefer to go a cooler blonde in summer and warmer in winter.
- Does your lifestyle suit blonde hair? With the correct maintenance, you can keep your blonde hair looking incredible all year round. However, you need to be willing to put in the effort. If you don’t have time for treatments and masques, consult your hair colour specialist in Brisbane to figure out alternatives.
- Consult with a professional. A blonde specialist in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, or the Sunshine Coast can help you choose a blonde shade that will suit you perfectly. No matter how certain you are, don’t take a chance. Make sure you get the advice of an expert Stefan stylist before going with a full head of foils on the Gold Coast.
Need To Consult A Blonde Specialist In Brisbane? Head To Your Local Stefan Salon
Stefan has been Queensland’s favourite hair salon for more than 55 years. We’re proud that our customers can expect a premium service when they step into any one of our urban and regional salons. Whether you’re looking for a cut, colour, or a blonde specialist in Brisbane, the experts at Stefan are here to help you achieve your hair goals, give your local Stefan salon a call. We’re here to make your hair dreams a reality.